2020 HOPE Global Forums: Deepak Chopra
American on Reset: Healing a Nation, Opportunity for All, served as a launching point to go beyond the headlines and create a space for honest conversations that tackled the many challenges facing our nation and the world: outlining a vision for an equitable economic recovery; expanding African-American participation in financial services, business creation and homeownership; how the free enterprise system and its leaders can, and should, drive economic empowerment; and how wellbeing is instrumental in accomplishing all of the above.
2020 HOPE Global Forums | Annual Meeting.
——————— notes only ————————
We were honored to host some of the world’s most extraordinary leaders, many of whom announced significant commitments to our work advancing opportunity for all. This included the largest commitment in Operation HOPE’s history – $127 million towards our initiative to launch 1 Million Black Businesses (1MBB) by 2030 from program co-founder Shopify.
Other commitments included:
• Experian N.A. CEO Craig Boundy announced a 2-year partnership to grow and support our credit and money management empowerment efforts, particularly amongst underserved populations.
• PayPal CEO Dan Schulman announced a substantial commitment towards Operation HOPE’s work supporting black-owned small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
• iHeart Media committed $2 million in on-air and digital media resources through 2021 to amplify and drive the creation of black-owned business through 1MBB.
• Aprio announced 50 hours a month over ten years to support aspiring entrepreneurs participating in the 1 Million Black Business initiative.
• Poligage CEO Christine Davies announced a commitment of 1,000 hours of time from their roster of policy and government experts to help HOPE coaches and clients understand issues impacting small businesses.
• First Horizon Bank is dedicating 500 hours of financial consultation services to new black-owned small businesses.
To revisit anything you may have missed over the five days of programming, we encourage you to view all of our sessions at the 2020 HOPE Global Forums | Annual Meeting. We look forward to continuing our relationship and plan to keep you apprised of our ongoing work and upcoming events.
Thank you for being an essential part of making the HOPE Global Forums | Annual Meeting such a success, and we hope to see you in person soon.
JOHN HOPE BRYANT, Entrepreneur.
Founder, Chairman & CEO | Operation HOPE, Inc. and Subsidiaries.
Founder, Chairman & CEO | Bryant Group Ventures and Subsidiaries.
Founder and Principal | The Promise Homes Company and Subsidiaries.
t – +1.404.941.2914
The New Marshall Plan
WSJ: John Hope Bryant's Grassroots Fight Against Racism and Poverty
Addressing Inequality in the US on CNBC SquawkBox
Link to JHB Background Deck.
www.johnhopebryant.com | www.operationhope.org
Operation HOPE: 191 Peachtree St NE Suite 3840 | Atlanta, GA 30303
Bryant Group Ventures: 235 Peachtree Street, NE Suite 400 | Atlanta Georgia 30303
Note: All credit goes to the authors and creators. Some links may result in financial compensation.